THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION
A Community of Practice (CoP) is a group of people who share a common concern, a set of problems, or an interest in a topic and who come together to fulfill both individual and group goals. According to Wenger (1998), CoPs:
(1) Educate by collecting and sharing information related to questions and issues of practice;
(2) Support by organizing interactions and collaboration among members;
(3) Cultivate by assisting groups to start and sustain their learning;
(4) Encourage by promoting the work of members through discussion and sharing and
(5) Integrate by encouraging members to use their new knowledge for real change in their own work.
COMPASS’ CoP is an European Network of care managers and care workers interested to share experience and skills, build a common language, and support the consolidation of a new professional vision in the context of Person Centered Care Practices in aged-care.